Posted By admin on August 12, 2008
We recently updated Lyra’s speech and language goals on her IFSP. Her speech therapist has been coming weekly for the last 12 weeks. She’s doing great and we’re considering changing her sessions to biweekly instead of weekly. She went above and beyond meeting her first set of goals, so I think we can set our expectations a little higher this time.
These are her previous goals, which she has met:
- Will name body parts
- Will identify family members by name
- Will express greetings and affection with her family
These are her goals for the next 6 months:
- Lyra will demonstrate understanding of early descriptive words (e.g. sizes, colors) with 80% accy in a field of 3-4 choices
- Lyra will produce attribute+noun (e.g. big shoe, blue ball) phrases in therapy and by parental report.
- Lyra will follow 2-step commands in context with 80% accy.
- Lyra will use personal pronouns (I, me, my) with 80% accy.
- Lyra will produce 40-50 spontaneous 2-4 word phrases of various types in a 45 minute session.
- Lyra will produce an age-appropriate array of communicative functions in her spontaneous utterances: labeling